*Editorial Note: This content is not provided or commissioned by the credit card issuer. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author’s alone, and may not have been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuer. This site may be compensated through a credit card issuer partnership.
This article was last updated Oct 09, 2017, but some terms and conditions may have changed or are no longer available. For the most accurate and up to date information please consult the terms and conditions found on the issuer website.
Every year we tell each other that we will not be caught off guard with the holiday season. Year after year we tell ourselves that we’re going to start shopping earlier, save more and spend less.
Year after year American consumers seem to spend more than the year before. The 4.1% increase in the holiday spending from 2013’s holiday season left many households wrangled with unexpected debt. Not a great way to start the New Year. In fact, many Americans set a resolution to improving their financial state. If your resolution for 2015 is to get out of debt, carrying over holiday debt from the year before isn’t a great way to kick off the New Year; however, you are not alone.
A 2014 survey by Accenture found that most American consumers make a holiday budget – but almost half don’t stick to it. Did you stick to a budget or spend more than you meant to over the holidays? Even though they are behind us now, you might still be worried about paying off that lingering holiday debt.
Let’s Shred Your Debt
If you can relate to this blog post, CompareCards is here to help! We’ve launched the Shred Your Debt Sweepstakes to help ease the financial burden of the holidays and get your New Year started off right. Here’s what you need to know about the Shred Your Debt Sweepstakes:
- The contest consists of a simple survey of 6 questions, like how you funded your holiday expenses and what sales you took advantage of.
- All answers will remain anonymous and have no effect on chances of winning.
- We will award $2,500 or $1,500 to two lucky winners.
- You can enter to win from February 2, 2015 – March 2, 2015. The winners will be randomly drawn the week of March 2, 2015, and notified by phone or e-mail.
- There are no hidden catches to enter to win; however, by entering, you are agreeing to submit a photo of yourself holding the check and also provide a brief statement about how the award will help you shred your debt.
To enter the contest, simply fill out the questionnaire in its entirety and submit your answers. For more resources for debt management or Five Tips to Shred Your Credit Card Debt, check out our blog for answers to all your credit questions.
Good luck entering the Shred Your Debt Sweepstakes!