*Editorial Note: This content is not provided or commissioned by the credit card issuer. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuer. This site may be compensated through the credit card issuer Affiliate Program.
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on product links. For more information, please see our Advertiser Disclosure
With the holiday season right around the corner, Citi has updated their Citi Price Rewind program to help their customers save with ease. Citi Price Rewind helps cardholders shop and save smarter without having to clip coupons or track prices and while avoiding the holiday shopping crowds.
Shoppers looking to save on electronics, apparel, sporting goods, furniture and more, can now receive even greater savings when they use Citi Price Rewind. Only Citi Price Rewind searches for a lower price after you buy – a benefit you won’t find anywhere but with Citi. When a lower price is found, cardmembers can get a refund of the price difference.
How Does it Work?
Citi Price Rewind is an exclusive program that helps cardmembers save money by finding a lower price for a purchase you’ve recently made. This isn’t a new program, so here’s what it can do now:
- Searches twice as long for a lower price – 60 days after purchase.
- Offers even greater savings - the maximum amount Citi cardmembers can be refunded has increased to $300 per item and $1,200 per year, per account.
- Provides a refund of any price difference – the $25 minimum price difference requirement has been removed. In 2013, Citi cardmembers enjoyed an average refund of $85 when meeting the $25 minimum price difference.
- Offers refunds as a statement credit.
“While other cards make you do the work to find a lower price, Citi Price Rewind does the searching for you," said Paula Kelley, Managing Director, Customer Solutions, Citi Cards. “Because we have found a lower price for our cardmembers on one out of three items priced at $100 or more, Citi Price Rewind lets you save money after you buy and shop with more confidence.”
Here’s how Citi Cardmembers can Join:
1. Register your new purchase. Register the purchase you made in store or online with your eligible Citi card. Citi Price Rewind is a complimentary benefit available year-round on eligible Citi consumer credit cards, such as:
- Citi® Double Cash Card – 18 month BT offer
- Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® MasterCard®
- Citi ThankYou® Preferred Card
- Citi Simplicity® Card - No Late Fees Ever
- Citi Prestige® Card
- Expedia®+ Voyager Card from Citi
- Citi® Hilton HHonors® Visa Signature® Card
2. Let Citi Price Rewind do the work. Citi Price Rewind searches hundreds of online retailers for a lower price for 60 days after you buy, a benefit you won’t find anywhere but Citi. If the same item is found at a lower price within 60 days of purchase, you’ll receive an email notifying you to request a refund.
3. Reap the benefits. Once you request a refund, you can get back the difference– up to $300 per item, and up to $1,200 per year – via statement credit, or by check if the refund is over $25.
To put this into a math perspective…
- If you purchase a $500 television with your Double Cash Card, you would earn 1% cash back ($5) after making the purchase.
- You then get another 1% cash back when you pay. For example, if you paid the $500 balance you would get another $5 cash back.
- If you registered your purchase of the television with Citi Price Rewind, and the price dropped to $350, you would then earn a refund of $150 back.
- Total savings = $160 (Double Cash + Citi Price Rewind)
Apple Pay Available to Citi Cardholders
Starting last month, Citi cardmembers will have a new way to checkout that feels more like shopping in the express lane. Cardmembers will be able to pay with a simple touch within apps and at over 200,000 stores by adding a participating Citi credit or debit card to Apple Pay.
Apple Pay offers security features that are very appealing this holiday season. When you add a credit or debit card with Apple Pay, the actual card numbers are not stored on the device nor on Apple servers. Instead, a unique Device Account Number is assigned, encrypted and stored in the Secure Element on your device. Each transaction is authorized with a one-time unique dynamic security code, instead of using the security code from the back of your card.
Apple Pay works in stores with iPhone 6 and iPhone Plus, and paying for physical goods and services in apps works with iPhone 6, iPhone Plus, iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3.
*The content in this article is accurate at the publishing date, and may be subject to changes per the card issuer.