14 The State of American Finances
- There are almost 28 million small businesses in the United States.
- Of that 28 million, about 22 million of them are self-employed, with no additional employees.
- 120 million U.S. citizens (more than 50 percent of the working population) work for a small business.
- Of all net new jobs since 1995, small businesses have created 65 percent of those jobs.
Current Financial State
- As of 2014, more small-business owners are anticipating economic expansion in the coming year than at any point in the last seven years.
- 45 percent of small businesses reported an increase in revenue in 2014.
When compared with one year ago, would you say toay's national economy is:
About the Same
- July 13
- Dec. 13
- July 14
- Dec. 14
Source: National Small Business Administration 2014 Year-End Economic Report