*Editorial Note: The content of this article is based on the author’s opinions and recommendations alone. It has not been previewed, commissioned or otherwise endorsed by any credit card issuer. This site may be compensated through a credit card issuer partnership.
This article was last updated Sep 20, 2018. Terms and conditions may have changed. For the most accurate information, please consult the issuer website.
If you have select credit cards, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve® and The Ritz-Carlton™ Credit Card*, you may notice the Visa Infinite® branding on the front of your card. This represents an enhanced tier of card perks compared to the basic Visa Traditional and the previously highest tier of perks provided by Visa Signature® cards.
The added perks you may receive from a Visa Infinite®-branded card are predominately travel-centric and include $100 off multi-passenger ticket purchases, lost luggage reimbursement, rebates for air travel-related fees such as checked-luggage charges and in-flight food, and more (terms apply). Additional perks include purchase protection and Visa Offers + Perks.
It’s always a good idea to check with your issuer to verify which benefits your card provides. You might not have access to all the perks listed here, and you don’t want to make a purchase thinking you’ll receive a special perk for which you don’t have access.
Also, keep in mind that you need to use your Visa Infinite® card to take advantage of these benefits.
Visa Infinite® card perks
The Visa Infinite® perks listed in this post might be available with your Visa Infinite® card. While all the benefits are available through the Visa Infinite® program, that doesn’t mean you’ll receive all of them. Terms and certain restrictions may apply.
Issuers can pick and choose which perks they want to offer. But these are card benefits you may be able to look forward to.
- Auto rental collision damage waiver: When you rent a vehicle, the rental company will try to sell you on various insurances to cover damage that may occur while you use the car. But if you pay for an eligible auto rental with your Visa Infinite® card, you receive coverage for physical damage, theft, reasonable and customary towing, and loss-of-use charges.
- Roadside Dispatch®: If your car breaks down, don’t worry about finding a nearby towing service — Roadside Dispatch® is available 24/7. It’s a pay-per-use service where you pay a flat fee for select services including standard towing, jump-starting, lockouts and more.
- Travel and emergency assistance services: It’s unfortunate when accidents happen while traveling — especially if you’re in a foreign country. This service makes unexpected situations a bit less stressful by providing 24/7 multilingual representatives who can assist you in arranging emergency transportation, valuable document delivery, providing medical referrals and more. Note, you’re responsible for the cost of services received.
- Lost luggage reimbursement: It’s never ideal to lose your possessions, especially when you’re traveling. But with this benefit, you may be reimbursed for your checked or carry-on luggage and their contents in the event of theft or misdirection by the airline or common carrier. Available when you pay for a common carrier ticket with your Visa Infinite® card.
- Trip delay reimbursement: Flights can be unpredictable and are often delayed for any number of reasons. But when you use your Visa Infinite® card to pay for air travel, you can receive a reimbursement when you’re stuck for a certain amount of hours due to a covered hazard. The maximum reimbursement amount and number of delayed hours vary by issuer.
- Trip cancellation and interruption reimbursement: Unexpected situations may arise that require you to cancel a trip. With this benefit, if you use your Visa Infinite® card to purchase an eligible travel ticket (flight, bus, cruise ship…) and end up canceling the trip, you may receive reimbursement.
- Return protection: No one likes to spend a lot of money on something that they end up regretting for any number of reasons. With return protection, if you are dissatisfied with your purchase (costing up to $300) within 90 days from purchase date and the merchant doesn’t accept your return, you may receive reimbursement.
- Purchase security: Damaged your new Mac and didn’t opt for AppleCare? If your purchase is stolen or damaged within the first 90 days from purchase date, you may be reimbursed for the cost. Maximum of $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per year.
- Extended warranty protection: You can receive one additional year of coverage on U.S. manufacturer’s warranties of three years or less.
Visa Offers + Perks program perks
All Visa-branded cards come with a wide range of travel, food and wine, shopping and retail, and sports and entertainment perks provided through the Visa Offers + Perks program. There are plenty of offers for all sorts of shoppers and new perks continually rotate in and out of the program. Take note that you have to use your Visa-branded card to take advantage of these offers.
- Visa Infinite® Luxury Hotel Collection: This premium benefit provides you with a best-rate guarantee on hotel stays, automatic room upgrades (when available), a food or beverage credit and other special amenities when you book a stay at visainfinitehotels.com.
- Visa Inﬁnite® concierge services: Whether you travel at home or abroad, you can receive 24/7 personalized assistance for booking travel arrangements, dinner reservations, securing sports and entertainment tickets, and more.
- Global Entry statement credit: Tired of waiting in long airport security lines? Apply and receive a $100 statement credit for Global Entry when you use your Visa Inﬁnite® card to pay the application fee. Global Entry allows you to speed through security at participating airports across the world.
- Car rental privileges: Ride in style and receive VIP amenities and discounts with Avis, National® and Silvercar after booking your ride with your Visa Inﬁnite® card.
- Priority Pass™ lounge access: Airports are always packed and it can often be hard to find a seat by your gate before takeoff. Priority Pass™ provides exclusive lounge at over 1,200 lounges worldwide for you to relax before takeoff or after a flight — away from the hectic seating areas.
- Discount air: Traveling with your family or a group of friends? When you book a qualifying itinerary for two to five travelers with your Visa Inﬁnite® card, you can receive a $100 discount.
- Airline incidentals statement credit: Receive a rebate for air travel-related fees including accelerated airport security, checked-luggage charges, in-flight food and more.
Food and wine
- Fine wine: At over 50 Visa Signature® wineries, you can receive preferred pricing, savings and special offers when you use your Visa Inﬁnite® card. Offer valid through Dec. 31, 2019.
- Food discounts: You can receive various discounts at select food and drink stores, including Drizly (valid through May 15, 2019) and Auntie Anne’s (valid through Dec. 31, 2018) — with offers rotating frequently.
Shopping and retail
At many popular retailers, you can receive discounts, free shipping, bonus gift cards and more when you pay using your Visa Inﬁnite® card. Note, offers vary by retailer. Current participating retailers include GNC, Levi’s, Ross-Simons, 1800Flowers.com and more. Find the full list and more details on the individual offers here.
Sports and entertainment
- Golf discounts: Receive premium benefits at over 90 golf courses worldwide when you join Troon Rewards®.
- AMC Theatres discounts: When you purchase a $25 AMC Theatres gift card with your Visa Inﬁnite® card, you receive a 5% discount. While that only comes out to $1.25 off, it’s better than nothing! This offer is valid until Oct. 31, 2018.
- GameFly trial: Sign up for GameFly with your Visa Inﬁnite® card and you can receive a 30-day free trial of the gaming platform. Valid through Feb. 2, 2019.
- Venue discounts: You can receive special discounts and gifts at select parks, museums, aquariums and other entertainment venues. For a list of participating venues, click here.
Visa Inﬁnite® card from our partner
Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
3X points on travel immediately after earning your $300 travel credit. 3X points on dining at restaurants & 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases.
One Year Complimentary Lyft Pink ($199 minimum value). Complimentary DashPass subscription from DoorDash after activating by 12/31/21.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- $300 Annual Travel Credit as reimbursement for travel purchases charged to your card each account anniversary year
- 3X points on travel immediately after earning your $300 travel credit. 3X points on dining at restaurants & 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases. $0 foreign transaction fees.
- Get 50% more value when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Access to 1,000+ airport lounges worldwide after an easy, one-time enrollment in Priority Pass™ Select
- Up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
- One Year Complimentary Lyft Pink ($199 minimum value). Complimentary DashPass subscription from DoorDash after activating by 12/31/21.
See additional details for Chase Sapphire Reserve®
There are very few Visa Inﬁnite® cards available in the U.S. The Chase Sapphire Reserve® is the only Visa Inﬁnite® card offered on our site. As mentioned earlier, check with your issuer to see which benefits your card offers.
*The information related to the The Ritz-Carlton™ Credit Card has been independently collected by CompareCards and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer of this card.