*Editorial Note: This content is not provided or commissioned by the credit card issuer. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author’s alone, and may not have been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuer. This site may be compensated through a credit card issuer partnership.
This article was last updated Feb 25, 2015, but some terms and conditions may have changed or are no longer available. For the most accurate and up to date information please consult the terms and conditions found on the issuer website.
If you are in the military or have military affiliation, then the Military Star Card may be a credit card you should consider carrying.
Military Star Card Features
- Earn 2 points for every dollar you spend shopping exchange facilities and Armed Forces Recreation Center resort hotels, as well as online at shopmyexchange.com, myNavyExchange.com and ShopCGX.com. You can also earn points at Army & Air Force Exchange Service food courts, Express® locations, mall vendors and more.
- After accumulating 2000 points, you will automatically receive a $20 MILITARY STAR rewards card
- No caps or limits on how much you earn and points do not expire
Rates and Fees
- No annual fee
- No foreign transaction fees
- 11.99% variable APR for Retail Plan purchases
- 0.00% for Military Clothing Plan purchases
The Bottom Line
We think this is a great rewards card for any consumer, although it’s only available to those of uniformed services. The APR would be hard to beat anywhere else, but there are some cards out there that can earn you even more robust cashback through their rewards programs, even earning 2% at any of the above listed Military store locations.
It always pays to shop around and compare, and then choose a credit card that best meets your particular needs and matches your spending habits and credit eligibility. Here are a few more credit card offers you may want to consider:
Citi® Double Cash Card – $150 Cash Back Offer – This credit card has a very simple and lucrative rewards program that will earn you cash back twice on every purchase. Cardholders earn Earn 2% cash back on purchases: 1% when you buy plus 1% as you pay. This card keeps it simple with no reward restrictions, caps, or rotating categories, and a Citi® Double Cash Card – $150 Cash Back Offer annual fee. This card also has an intro 0% for 15 months on Balance Transfers* (after, 15.24% - 25.24%* (Variable) APR), making it one of the best balance transfer credit cards on the market!
Bank of America® Cash Rewards Credit Card– There is a $0 annual fee with this card. Cardholders will enjoy 0% Intro APR for 12 billing cycles for balance transfers made in the first 60 days and 0% Introductory APR on purchases for 12 billing cycles (after, 14.74% - 24.74% Variable APR). Earn 1% cash back on every purchase, 2% at grocery stores and wholesale clubs, and 3% on gas for the first $2,500 in combined grocery/wholesale club/gas purchases each quarter.
Simmons Bank Visa® Platinum Rewards -This card has a great on-going APR of 11.75% variable and cardholders can earn 1.25 rewards points per dollar spent. There are no balance transfer fees and rewards can be applied to travel related options such as for hotels, cruises, vacation packages, car rentals, and restaurants.
* Editorial Note: This content is not provided or commissioned by the credit card issuer. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuer. This site may be compensated through the credit card issuer Affiliate Program.
*The content in this article is accurate at the publishing date, and may be subject to changes per the card issuer.