This is one of the most popular travel credit cards available. Earn 2x miles on everything you buy. Get one of the highest sign-up bonuses on the market. Redeem your rewards for any travel expense with no blackout dates.
The Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card is one of the best travel rewards cards you can find. Here’s what you should know:
- Get 2 Miles per dollar on every purchase, every day; 5 Miles per dollar on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel.
- First year earning potential up to $1,230 (or even more depending on your monthly spend).
- Fly any airline, stay at any hotel anytime. No blackout dates.
- Receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck®
Add it all up and this card offers features that could be valued to more than $1,200* in your first year!
7 reasons to apply
Incredible first year bonus -- This card offers a enjoy a one-time bonus of 75,000 miles once you spend $4,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $750 in travel. You could earn a free trip just for signing up and using the Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card for your everyday purchases for 3 months.
2x miles on everything -- Earn an industry leading rate of 2 miles per dollar on every purchase, every day; 5 miles per dollar on hotels and rental cars booked through capital one travel. Plus, there’s no limit to how many miles you can earn.
Simple rewards redemption -- No hassles, no blackout dates. Find the flight or hotel that works best for you, make the purchase with your Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card.
- Then, log into your account and redeem your miles for travel purchases using Purchase Eraser® and receive an account credit for the cost of your travel purchase.
- The Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card comes with a broad definition of eligible travel purchases.
- Redeem your miles for travel purchases from airlines, hotels, rail lines, car rental agencies to limousine services, bus lines, cruise lines, taxi cabs, travel agents and time shares.
- Transfer Your miles to 15 available travel partners for even more flexibility.
Get a statement credit to cover TSA Pre✓® -- Speed through airport security in the fast lane and keep your shoes on with this card that offers a $100 statement credit to cover the Global Entry or TSA Pre✓® application fee. If you already have Global Entry or TSA PreCheck you could cash in this rebate for a family member for friend’s application fee.
No foreign transaction fees -- There are no foreign transaction fees when you travel abroad. Other cards charge as much as 3% per foreign transaction.
Travel benefits -- Get peace of mind and save money with 24-hour travel assistance services, travel accident insurance and auto rental collision damage waiver. Enjoy extended warranty on eligible items that are purchases with your credit card.
The annual fee is $95.
You could earn $1,230 in free travel
|Miles Earned in First Year
|123,000 miles (worth $1,230* in travel)
48,000 (2x miles)
75,000 (Sign up bonus)
This card is right for you if…
- You want to earn unlimited 2x miles on all purchases, not just airline tickets
- You want a simple rewards redemption program. No hassles or blackout dates.
- Get access to exclusive airport security lanes with a $100 credit to cover the Global Entry or TSA Pre✓® application fee.
- Want to save money with $0 foreign transaction fees.
- You have good/excellent credit.
The Bottom Line
If you don’t want to worry about complicated travel programs, want the flexibility to travel any airline or stay at any hotel without blackout dates, earn rewards on everyday purchases and a generous sign-up bonus, this card is a perfect match for you.
You could get a decision in 30 seconds are less. Why wait?
Average household spending tops $2,000 per month according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Data through June 2016, shows the average amount spent a year on food, apparel, entertainment, transportation plus the mysterious “other” category totaled $24,927 per year. That includes: Food $7,196, apparel $1,794, entertainment $2,908, Transportation $9,225, other $3,804 = $24,927. Add in the $100 Global Entry fee rebate and total card value could reach more than $1,200 in your first year as a cardholder.
Each month, the CompareCards team reviews over 100 credit card offers examining the features most valuable to consumers including rewards, welcome offer, the interest rate, fees and other features to identify the best offers shown here.
MethodologyEach month, the CompareCards team reviews over 100 credit card offers examining the features most valuable to consumers including rewards, welcome offer, the interest rate, fees and other features to identify the best offers shown here.