CompareCards EdU Scholarship Award
Scholarship Trivia Question: July - September 2018
Earn a $2,500 College Scholarship
Scholarship Trivia Question: July 1 - September 30, 2018
- Jillian E.
- Kerri S.
- Austin W.
- Wayne R.
- Randy C.
- Sierra F.
- Megan P.
- Rachel S.
- Eliot A.
- Chelsea R.
- Lia H.
- Drew A.
- Indhira C.
- Bri B.
- Nicolas K.
- Karl N.
To be awarded a $2,500 scholarship, you MUST meet the following criteria:
- Eligibility: CompareCards.com’s Scholarship contest (the "Contest") is open to residents of the 50 United States and D.C., who are 19 years of age or older as of Sunday, July 1, 2018, and are not otherwise ineligible as provided herein. Entrants must be enrolled in a two-year or four-year college or university, or be planning to attend college within one calendar year. Employees of LendingTree, Inc., its affiliates, subsidiaries and agencies (collectively "Promotion Parties") and members of their immediate family or persons living in the same household are not eligible. No entrant can win more than two (2) Contest promoted by Sponsor in any calendar year.
- Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by LendingTree, LLC, (“LendingTree” or “Sponsor”) a Delaware limited liability company with its principal place of business at 11115 Rushmore Drive, Charlotte, NC 29707.
- Contest Period: The Contest begins on Sunday, July 1, 2018 in the United States and ends on Sunday, September 30, 2018 in the United States (“Contest Period”). All dates are subject to change.
- How to enter: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO WIN. To enter the Contest, visit the Contest website located at www.comparecards.com/education/scholarship-award (“Contest Site”) during the Contest Period and follow the instructions that appear on the Contest Site.
- Judging Criteria: Eligible entries will be randomly selected by the Sponsor. To be entered into the drawing, eligible entries must answer the questions correctly and agree to these terms. The judges will select one entry to win the Grand Prize. The decisions of the judges are final and may not be appealed.
- Winner Selection/Prize Awarding: On or about Friday, August 31, 2018, a Grand Prize winner (“potential winners”) shall be selected. The potential winners will be notified on or about Sunday, September 30, 2018 via the email address provided in the entry form. Potential winners must sign and return an Affidavit of eligibility and Publicity and rights Release, and the personal releases of each person appearing in the entry, within seven (7) days of attempted delivery or prize will be forfeited. If any prize/prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or in the event of non-compliance with any other requirements, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety and may be awarded to an alternate. ALL NOTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS, AS WELL AS OTHER REQUIREMENTS WITHIN THESE RULES, WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED. Winners agree that receiving a prize grants Sponsor the right to print, publish, broadcast, and use universe-wide in any media now known or later developed at any time or times, the winner's name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, and biographical information for any purpose, including but not limited to, in advertisements, publicity, and other communications without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
- Prizes: One (1) Grand Prize: $2,500.00 scholarship.
- Rights in submissions: In consideration of entrant’s submission being reviewed and evaluated for this Contest, each entrant hereby grants to the Sponsor a non-exclusive, irrevocable, fully paid, universal license to use, copy, modify or make derivative works, sublicense, transmit, distribute, publicly perform, publish, delete or display such submission, or any portion thereof, in any media now known or hereafter devised including, but not limited to, all forms of television and all forms of internet and wireless protocol without any further right of approval or additional compensation. Each entrant grants Sponsor the right, but not the obligation, to use the story, characters, and any other information presented in the entry, including the name and likeness of entrant and any persons appearing in the entry, in a commercial or other advertising and publicity for Sponsor.
- Taxes: AWARDS OF PRIZES TO POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO THE EXPRESS REQUIREMENT THAT THEY SUBMIT TO SPONSOR ALL DOCUMENTATION REQUESTED BY SPONSOR TO PERMIT IT TO COMPLY WITH ALL APPLICABLE STATE, FEDERAL AND LOCAL TAX REPORTING ALL PRIZES WILL BE NET OF ANY TAXES SPONSOR IS REQUIRED BY LAW TO WITHHOLD. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ALL TAXES IMPOSED ON PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNERS. In order to receive a prize, potential winners must submit tax documentation requested by Sponsor or otherwise required by applicable law, to Sponsor or a representative for Sponsor or the relevant tax authority, all as determined by applicable law. The potential winner and finalists, and if the winner/finalist is a minor, their parents or legal guardians, are responsible for ensuring that they comply with all the applicable tax laws and filing requirements. If a potential winner fails to provide such documentation or comply with such laws, the prize may be forfeited and Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, select an alternate potential winner.
- General Rules: Void where prohibited. All federal, state and local laws apply. Sponsor may alter entries submitted prior to publication, if any. All income taxes resulting from acceptance of prize are the responsibility of winner. By entering contest, entrant accepts and agrees to these Official Rules and the decisions of Judges, which shall be final in all matters.
- By participating in this contest and/or accepting prizes, entrants agree to hold Sponsor and its affiliates, directors, officers, employees and assigns harmless against any and all claims and liability in connection with the contest, the videos, or the use or redemption of prizes, including, without limitation, bodily injury or death or the violation of the rights of any third parties. Submission of contest entry (1) constitutes permission to use winners’ names and likenesses, address (city/state), and video entry, for advertising and publicity purposes without further compensation, unless prohibited by law, (2) grants Sponsor and its agents the right to modify, adapt, and/or edit entry, (3) shall act as consent for Sponsor to market to the email address provided, and (4) constitutes a representation and warranty that entrant has received permission for Sponsor to use the audio and likeness of all persons appearing in the video without additional compensation to such persons.
- Sponsor and its affiliated companies will not be responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries or prize notices or for any typographical, or other error in the administration of the contest, or announcement of the prize. In the event of any such error, Sponsor reserves the right to request that the Judges modify this contest in a manner deemed reasonable by the Judges, at the Judges’ sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, stolen, garbled or misdirected entries, all of which are void. Electronic entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. The authorized account holder is deemed as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Entries that are incomplete, illegible or corrupted are void and will not be accepted.
- Forum: These Rules shall be governed by, subject to, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of North Carolina, United States of America, excluding all conflict of law rules. If any provision(s) of these Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect. To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, seek injunctive relief or make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Contest are hereby excluded, and Entrants expressly waive any and all such rights.
Winners' list: For the names of the winners (available after Sunday, July 1, 2018, send a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to: LendingTree, 11115 Rushmore Drive, Charlotte, NC 28277 Attn: Names of Winners. Requests must be received by Sunday, July 1, 2018.
Sponsor: LendingTree, LLC
11115 Rushmore Drive
Charlotte, North Carolina 28277