- 71 percent of respondents indicated that they did not have any concerns about traveling to Cuba.
- Of the 29 percent of respondents who did have concerns, their concerns vary from safety to lack of tourism opportunities. The main concern was safety, with 27 percent of respondents stating it as a concern.
- Younger respondents have more concerns about traveling to Cuba than those 65 years or older.
Purpose of Travel
Respondents’ primary reason for travel to Cuba would be history/culture, with relaxation close behind.
Biggest Inconveniences While Traveling to Cuba
There are a number of limited services that Americans might find inconvenient while traveling to Cuba. As discussed above, credit cards are not widely accepted, and cell phone and Internet service is very limited.
- When asked if poor cell service would deter respondents from visiting, 59 percent of respondents stated this would not deter them from visiting.
- Respondents most concerned with limited Internet access were 65 years old or older.
- Respondents most concerned with limited