*Editorial Note: The content of this article is based on the author’s opinions and recommendations alone. It has not been previewed, commissioned or otherwise endorsed by any credit card issuer. This site may be compensated through a credit card issuer partnership.
This article was last updated Jun 12, 2015. Terms and conditions may have changed. For the most accurate information, please consult the issuer website.
Earn a $150 Bonus after spending $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
0% Intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months
16.74% - 25.49% Variable
- Earn a $150 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening
- Earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate. Enjoy new 5% categories each quarter!
- Unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases - it's automatic
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 16.74-25.49%.
- 3% intro balance transfer fee when you transfer a balance during the first 60 days your account is open, with a minimum of $5.
- No annual fee
- Cash Back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back.
- Free credit score, updated weekly with Credit JourneySM
See additional details for Chase Freedom®
The Chase Freedom® is a great no annual fee card that lets you Earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate. Enjoy new 5% categories every 3 months. Unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases.
The points can be used for cash back or to book travel on any airline.
But if you are saving up to travel, the most bang for your points is often to transfer them into real airline miles with Chase partners like United, Southwest, or British Airways.
You can’t do that with the Chase Freedom® alone. But if you have a Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve® you’re eligible to do that by transferring your Chase Freedom® points into your other card’s Ultimate Rewards® account.
It’s free, instant, and can be reversed any time.
Once the points are in your transfer eligible account, you can turn them into real airline miles or hotel points with Chase partners.
1. Login to your account at ChaseUltimateRewards.com and choose ‘Combine Points’ from the menu at the top right hand corner of your screen.
2. Pick the card you want to move points FROM (in this case your Chase Freedom® account) and choose the card you want to move points TO. If you want to move your points to another household member’s account, you can add the account there.
3. Choose the number of points you want to move and confirm.
4. You’re done. You can then go on to transfer your points to real airline miles from the eligible account.
What’s the catch?
- You can combine points with any of the Chase Ultimate Rewards earning cards in your name
- You can combine points with Chase Ultimate Rewards accounts in the name of anyone in your household who has a Chase Ultimate Rewards account
- There is no limit to the number of transfers you can do in either direction
But you should be aware…
- You can’t sell your points to anyone, even to a family member
- If you choose to transfer points out of Chase to a partner program like United MileagePlus or Southwest Rapid Rewards that’s final and you can’t reverse it
- If you want to transfer points to a transfer partner like United MileagePlus, you can only send points out to your own account, or the account of a household member who is an authorized user of your card.