*Editorial Note: This content is not provided or commissioned by the credit card issuer. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author’s alone, and may not have been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuer. This site may be compensated through a credit card issuer partnership.
This article was last updated Apr 01, 2019, but some terms and conditions may have changed or are no longer available. For the most accurate and up to date information please consult the terms and conditions found on the issuer website.
When looking at credit card features and perks, you may want one that gets you into events such as concerts, sports and other entertainment events. Having the right card could mean having access to VIP events ranging from celebrity chef demonstrations to the best seats in the house to hear your favorite band perform.
We’ve covered credit cards that offer travel perks, 24/7 assistance and shopping protection. With countless concerts, music festivals, performing arts, entertainment parks and vacations year-round, here’s our list of credit cards that offer the best in entertainment perks.
Enjoy 70,000 bonus miles after spending $5,000 on purchases in the first 90 days*
Earn 2X Miles on all Purchases*
Miles can cover purchases on any airline or hotel*
- Enjoy 70,000 bonus miles after spending $5,000 on purchases in the first 90 days
- Earn unlimited 2X miles on every purchase
- NEW - Control Your Card - Instantly secure your accounts by locking your cards with Barclays SecurHold™, plus set transaction limits and block certain purchase categories for you or your authorized users. Available only on the Barclays mobile app.
- Book travel your way—no airline, seat or hotel restrictions—and redeem your miles for travel statement credits
- Get 5% miles back to use toward your next redemption, every time you redeem
- No foreign transaction fees
- International Chip and PIN for use at self-service chip terminals around the world
- Miles don’t expire as long as your account is open, active and in good standing
- See Rates & Fees
See additional details for Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard®
In May 2018, Barclaycard partnered with Live Nation and the Academy Music Group to bring cardholders the best in live entertainment across the UK under the Barclaycard Entertainment banner. Under the partnership, cardholders receive 5% on tickets, 10% off exclusive presales to some of the UK’s biggest festivals and 5% off food and drink at O2 Academy venues when using the card.
While it’s nice that Barclaycard offers this perk to cardmembers, it only applies to events and shows in the UK. If you fly overseas a lot, you’ll be able to take advantage of this benefit. But if you don’t, it’s one less perk that comes standard with other credit cards.
- AAdvantage® Aviator® Red World Elite Mastercard®*
- AAdvantage® Aviator® Silver World Elite Mastercard®*
- Barclays Arrival® Premier World Elite Mastercard®*
- Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard®
- Barclaycard Ring® Mastercard®
- Barclaycard Visa® with Apple Rewards*
- The Frontier Airlines World MasterCard®*
- Hawaiian Airlines® Bank of Hawaii World Elite Mastercard®*
- JetBlue Card*
- JetBlue Plus Card*
- Uber Visa Card*
- Wyndham Rewards® Visa® Card with No Annual Fee*
- Wyndham Rewards® Visa® Card*
Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
3X points on travel immediately after earning your $300 travel credit. 3X points on dining at restaurants & 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases. $0 foreign transaction fees.
$300 Annual Travel Credit, Airport Lounge Access, and Flexible Redemption Options
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named "Best Premium Travel Credit Card" for 2018 by MONEY® Magazine
- $300 Annual Travel Credit as reimbursement for travel purchases charged to your card each account anniversary year
- 3X points on travel immediately after earning your $300 travel credit. 3X points on dining at restaurants & 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases. $0 foreign transaction fees.
- Get 50% more value when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Access to 1,000+ airport lounges worldwide after an easy, one-time enrollment in Priority Pass™ Select
- Up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
See additional details for Chase Sapphire Reserve®
60,000 bonus points
2X points on travel and dining
1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
See additional details for Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
Chase members have access to Select, Preferred and Reserve experiences based on their card type. Those with any Chase credit and debit card have access to Select, which comes with Chase Cardmember Preferred Seating at certain events, food and beverage discounts on concessions at events, exclusive dining experiences available to book on the Tock app and the ability to buy movie tickets and pre-order concessions with the Atom app.
If you have the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card or the Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card, Preferred experiences gives you VIP access to events such as the 2019 PGA Championship at Bethpage in Long Island, N.Y., or the 2019 Chase Sapphire® Private Dining Series where cardmembers enjoy culinary creations from renowned restaurants featuring special chefs.
Those with the Chase Sapphire Reserve® get all the offers above, along with the chance to bid on or attend special Reserve VIP treatment such as pre-game photo opps at sports events, behind-the-scenes entertainment experiences and VIP dining. Cardholders can redeem their rewards on the Chase Ultimate Rewards® website for the experience of their choice.
Eligible cards include:
- Chase Freedom®
- Chase Freedom Unlimited®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Ink Business Cash℠ Credit Card
- Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card
- Ink Business Unlimited℠ Credit Card
Citi® Private Pass®
Under this exclusive program, cardmembers have access to unique events and experiences. Cardmembers will also receive offers through the mail or through their statements. Events include concerts, theatrical performances, sporting events, festivals and family events. There’s no requirement to enroll and there are no fees to access Citi® Private Pass®. All Citi credit cards displaying the Visa®, Mastercard®, or American Express® logo and Citibank debit cards with the Mastercard® logo are eligible for the program, including:
- American Airlines AAdvantage MileUp℠ Card
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard®
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite™ Mastercard®
- Citi® Double Cash Card – 18 month BT offer
- Citi Prestige® Credit Card*
- Citi Simplicity® Card - No Late Fees Ever
- Citi Premier℠ Card
American Express Experiences
Earn up to $150 back
Unlimited 1.5% Cash Back on your purchases
Reward Dollars can be easily redeemed for statement credits, gift cards, and merchandise
- Earn a $150 statement credit after you spend $1,000 or more in purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Unlimited 1.5% Cash Back on your purchases.
- Cash Back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be easily redeemed for statement credits, gift cards, and merchandise.
- Low intro APR: 0% for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable rate, currently 15.24% to 26.24%.
- $0 plan fees for plans set up during your first 15 months of Card Membership with Plan It®, a feature that lets you split up big purchases into monthly payments with a fixed fee.
- You spoke, we listened. Over 1.6 million more places in the U.S. started accepting American Express® Cards in 2018.
- No Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees
See additional details for American Express Cash Magnet® Card
Select American Express cards come with Experiences, which gives you exclusive access to ticket presales and cardholder-only events. Buy tickets to Broadway shows, concert tours, and family or sporting events. You can also sign up online for email alerts to find out about upcoming events. Terms apply to American Express credit card offers. See americanexpress.com for more information.
- American Express® Gold Card
- American Express Cash Magnet® Card
- Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express
- Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express
- Blue Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express
- Delta Reserve® Credit Card from American Express*
- Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express
- Hilton Honors American Express Card
- Hilton Honors American Express Ascend Card
- Hilton Honors Aspire Card from American Express*
- Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express*
- Starwood Preferred Guest® Luxury Card from American Express*
The Platinum Card® from American Express also comes with By Invitation Only, a program that offers access to customized events from sports and fashion to fine dining, art and performances.
Any credit card with Visa Signature® on the front offers benefits including discounts and special offers on travel, sporting events and entertainment, along with access to preferred seats for sporting events, concerts, shows, dining experiences and more. Visa Infinite® cardholders enjoy all of the above along with the chance to attend celebrity chefs and winemaker experiences, join the Troon Rewards® golf loyalty program and save on golf fees and merchandise.
World Mastercard® comes with the Dining Program, which gives cardholders access to restaurants, along with free amenities such as a glass of champagne or dessert or a welcome visit from the chef or a tour of the kitchen or wine cellar at select restaurants. There’s also access to Priceless Cities, which gives you access to special experiences such as dinner at The Russian Tea Room paired with a concert at Carnegie Hall.
World Elite Mastercard® offers the benefits above, but also gives cardholders exclusive access to more than 200 top nightclubs and lounges around the world along with exclusive golf offers and experiences with the PGA Tour and the use of Golf Concierge Services for golf benefits exclusive to Mastercard.
The bottom line
For those who enjoy sporting events, concerts and other entertainment excursions, having the right card in your wallet can help you score access to the most exclusive events. And if you’re carrying a luxury credit card, those experiences are upgraded you have access to the best seats and VIP treatment. Check your card and connect with its experiences website to stay in the know for future events.
*The information related to this offer has been collected by CompareCards and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer of this card prior to publication. Some of these offers and/or promotions may have since changed, expired, or are no longer available.