*Editorial Note: The content of this article is based on the author’s opinions and recommendations alone. It has not been previewed, commissioned or otherwise endorsed by any credit card issuer. This site may be compensated through a credit card issuer partnership.
This article was last updated Jul 31, 2020. Terms and conditions may have changed. For the most accurate information, please consult the issuer website.
When looking at credit card features and perks, you may want one that gets you into events such as concerts, sports and other entertainment events. Having the right card could mean having access to VIP events ranging from celebrity chef demonstrations to the best seats in the house to hear your favorite band perform.
We’ve covered credit cards that offer travel perks, 24/7 assistance and shopping protection. With countless concerts, music festivals, performing arts, entertainment parks and vacations year-round, here’s our list of credit cards that offer the best in entertainment perks.
In May 2018, Barclaycard partnered with Live Nation and the Academy Music Group to bring cardholders the best in live entertainment across the UK under the Barclaycard Entertainment banner. Under the partnership, cardholders receive 5% on tickets, 10% off exclusive presales to some of the UK’s biggest festivals and 5% off food and drink at O2 Academy venues when using the card.
While it’s nice that Barclaycard offers this perk to cardmembers, it only applies to events and shows in the UK. If you fly overseas a lot, you’ll be able to take advantage of this benefit. But if you don’t, it’s one less perk that comes standard with other credit cards.
- AAdvantage® Aviator® Red World Elite Mastercard®
- AAdvantage® Aviator® Silver World Elite Mastercard®
- Barclays Arrival® Premier World Elite Mastercard®
- Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard®
- Barclaycard Ring® Mastercard®
- The Frontier Airlines World MasterCard®
- Hawaiian Airlines® World Elite Mastercard®
- JetBlue Card
- JetBlue Plus Card
- Uber Visa Card
- Wyndham Rewards® Visa® Card with No Annual Fee
- Wyndham Rewards® Visa® Card
Chase members have access to Select, Preferred and Reserve experiences based on their card type. Those with any Chase credit and debit card have access to Select, which comes with Chase Cardmember Preferred Seating at certain events, food and beverage discounts on concessions at events, exclusive dining experiences available to book on the Tock app and the ability to buy movie tickets and pre-order concessions with the Atom app.
If you have the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card or the Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card, Preferred experiences gives you VIP access to events such as the 2019 PGA Championship at Bethpage in Long Island, N.Y., or the 2019 Chase Sapphire® Private Dining Series where cardmembers enjoy culinary creations from renowned restaurants featuring special chefs.
Those with the Chase Sapphire Reserve® get all the offers above, along with the chance to bid on or attend special Reserve VIP treatment such as pre-game photo opps at sports events, behind-the-scenes entertainment experiences and VIP dining. Cardholders can redeem their rewards on the Chase Ultimate Rewards® website for the experience of their choice.
Eligible cards include:
- Chase Freedom®*
- Chase Freedom Unlimited®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Ink Business Cash℠ Credit Card*
- Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card*
- Ink Business Unlimited℠ Credit Card*
0% Intro APR for 15 months on purchases
Earn a $200 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening. Earn 5% cash back on grocery store purchases (not including Target® or Walmart® purchases) on up to $12,000 spent in the first year.
14.99% - 23.74% Variable
- Earn a $200 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
- Earn 5% cash back on grocery store purchases (not including Target® or Walmart® purchases) on up to $12,000 spent in the first year.
- Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on all other purchases.
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases, then a variable APR of 14.99 - 23.74%.
- No annual fee
- No minimum to redeem for cash back
- Cash Back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open
See additional details for Chase Freedom Unlimited®
60,000 bonus points
2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases worldwide
Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That's 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
See additional details for Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
3X points on travel immediately after earning your $300 travel credit. 3X points on dining at restaurants & 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases.
One Year Complimentary Lyft Pink ($199 minimum value). Complimentary DashPass subscription from DoorDash after activating by 12/31/21.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- $300 Annual Travel Credit as reimbursement for travel purchases charged to your card each account anniversary year
- 3X points on travel immediately after earning your $300 travel credit. 3X points on dining at restaurants & 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases. $0 foreign transaction fees.
- Get 50% more value when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Access to 1,000+ airport lounges worldwide after an easy, one-time enrollment in Priority Pass™ Select
- Up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
- One Year Complimentary Lyft Pink ($199 minimum value). Complimentary DashPass subscription from DoorDash after activating by 12/31/21.
See additional details for Chase Sapphire Reserve®
Citi® Private Pass®
Under this exclusive program, cardmembers have access to unique events and experiences. Cardmembers will also receive offers through the mail or through their statements. Events include concerts, theatrical performances, sporting events, festivals and family events. There’s no requirement to enroll and there are no fees to access Citi® Private Pass®. All Citi credit cards displaying the Visa®, Mastercard®, or American Express® logo and Citibank debit cards with the Mastercard® logo are eligible for the program, including:
- American Airlines AAdvantage MileUp℠ Card
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard®
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite™ Mastercard®
- Citi® Double Cash Card – 18 month BT offer
- Citi Prestige® Credit Card*
- Citi Simplicity® Card - No Late Fees Ever
- Citi Premier℠ Card
Earn 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after $2,500 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
First checked bag free on domestic itineraries & preferred boarding
Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles for every $1 spent at gas stations, restaurants, and on eligible American Airlines purchases
- Earn 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after $2,500 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
- Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles for every $1 spent at gas stations and restaurants
- Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles for every $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases
- Earn a $125 American Airlines Flight Discount after you spend $20,000 or more in purchases during your card membership year and renew your card
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- First checked bag is free on domestic American Airlines itineraries for you and up to four companions traveling with you on the same reservation
- Enjoy preferred boarding on American Airlines flights
- The standard variable APR for Citi Flex Plan is 15.99% - 24.99%, based on your creditworthiness. Citi Flex Plan offers are made available at Citi's discretion.
See additional details for Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite™ Mastercard®
American Express Experiences
Select American Express cards come with Experiences, which gives you exclusive access to ticket presales and cardholder-only events. Buy tickets to Broadway shows, concert tours, and family or sporting events. You can also sign up online for email alerts to find out about upcoming events. Terms apply to American Express credit card offers. See americanexpress.com for more information.
- American Express® Gold Card
- American Express Cash Magnet® Card – $150 Welcome Offer
- Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express
- Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express
- Delta SkyMiles® Blue American Express Card
- Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card
- Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card
- Hilton Honors American Express Card
- Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card
- Hilton Honors Aspire Card from American Express*
- Delta SkyMiles® Platinum American Express Card*
- Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card*
The Platinum Card® from American Express also comes with By Invitation Only, a program that offers access to customized events from sports and fashion to fine dining, art and performances.
60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.*
Up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees & more at one qualifying airline*
No foreign transaction fees & exclusive airport lounge access*
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts® program at over 1,000 properties. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. That’s up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees
See additional details for The Platinum Card® from American Express
Earn up to $150 back
Unlimited 1.5% Cash Back on your purchases
Reward Dollars can be easily redeemed for statement credits, gift cards, and merchandise
- Earn a $150 statement credit after you spend $1,000 or more in purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership. Unlimited 1.5% Cash Back on your purchases.
- Low intro APR: 0% for 15 months on purchases from the date of account opening, then a variable rate, currently 13.99% to 23.99%.
- Plan It® gives the option to select purchases of $100 or more to split up into monthly payments with a fixed fee and no interest.
- Amex Offers rewards you at places you like to shop, dine, travel, and more. You can add as many Offers as you’d like to your Card, then just use that Card to pay, and enjoy rewards directly on your statement.
- Cash Back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be redeemed for statement credits.
- No Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees
See additional details for American Express Cash Magnet® Card – $150 Welcome Offer
40,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
NEW! Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases. Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- Earn 40,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- NEW! With Status Boost™, earn 15,000 MQMs after you spend $30,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to four times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- NEW! Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- NEW! Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Complimentary access into the Delta SkyClubs® for you when travelling on a Delta flight.
- NEW! Enjoy complimentary access to The Centurion® Lounge when you book your Delta flight with your Reserve Card.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees
See additional details for Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card
Any credit card with Visa Signature® on the front offers benefits including discounts and special offers on travel, sporting events and entertainment, along with access to preferred seats for sporting events, concerts, shows, dining experiences and more. Visa Infinite® cardholders enjoy all of the above along with the chance to attend celebrity chefs and winemaker experiences, join the Troon Rewards® golf loyalty program and save on golf fees and merchandise.
World Mastercard® comes with the Dining Program, which gives cardholders access to restaurants, along with free amenities such as a glass of champagne or dessert or a welcome visit from the chef or a tour of the kitchen or wine cellar at select restaurants. There’s also access to Priceless Cities, which gives you access to special experiences such as dinner at The Russian Tea Room paired with a concert at Carnegie Hall.
World Elite Mastercard® offers the benefits above, but also gives cardholders exclusive access to more than 200 top nightclubs and lounges around the world along with exclusive golf offers and experiences with the PGA Tour and the use of Golf Concierge Services for golf benefits exclusive to Mastercard.
The bottom line
For those who enjoy sporting events, concerts and other entertainment excursions, having the right card in your wallet can help you score access to the most exclusive events. And if you’re carrying a luxury credit card, those experiences are upgraded you have access to the best seats and VIP treatment. Check your card and connect with its experiences website to stay in the know for future events.
The information related to the Citi Simplicity® Card - No Late Fees Ever and the Chase Freedom® have been independently collected by CompareCards and have not been reviewed or provided by the issuer of this card prior to publication.