*Editorial Note: The content of this article is based on the author’s opinions and recommendations alone. It has not been previewed, commissioned or otherwise endorsed by any credit card issuer. This site may be compensated through a credit card issuer partnership.
This article was last updated Dec 02, 2019. Terms and conditions may have changed. For the most accurate information, please consult the issuer website.
When looking at credit card features and perks, you may want one that gets you into events such as concerts, sports and other entertainment events. Having the right card could mean having access to VIP events ranging from celebrity chef demonstrations to the best seats in the house to hear your favorite band perform.
We’ve covered credit cards that offer travel perks, 24/7 assistance and shopping protection. With countless concerts, music festivals, performing arts, entertainment parks and vacations year-round, here’s our list of credit cards that offer the best in entertainment perks.
In May 2018, Barclaycard partnered with Live Nation and the Academy Music Group to bring cardholders the best in live entertainment across the UK under the Barclaycard Entertainment banner. Under the partnership, cardholders receive 5% on tickets, 10% off exclusive presales to some of the UK’s biggest festivals and 5% off food and drink at O2 Academy venues when using the card.
While it’s nice that Barclaycard offers this perk to cardmembers, it only applies to events and shows in the UK. If you fly overseas a lot, you’ll be able to take advantage of this benefit. But if you don’t, it’s one less perk that comes standard with other credit cards.
- AAdvantage® Aviator® Red World Elite Mastercard®*
- AAdvantage® Aviator® Silver World Elite Mastercard®*
- Barclays Arrival® Premier World Elite Mastercard®*
- Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard®*
- Barclaycard Ring® Mastercard®*
- The Frontier Airlines World MasterCard®*
- Hawaiian Airlines® World Elite Mastercard®
- JetBlue Card*
- JetBlue Plus Card*
- Uber Visa Card*
- Wyndham Rewards® Visa® Card with No Annual Fee*
- Wyndham Rewards® Visa® Card*
Chase members have access to Select, Preferred and Reserve experiences based on their card type. Those with any Chase credit and debit card have access to Select, which comes with Chase Cardmember Preferred Seating at certain events, food and beverage discounts on concessions at events, exclusive dining experiences available to book on the Tock app and the ability to buy movie tickets and pre-order concessions with the Atom app.
If you have the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card or the Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card, Preferred experiences gives you VIP access to events such as the 2019 PGA Championship at Bethpage in Long Island, N.Y., or the 2019 Chase Sapphire® Private Dining Series where cardmembers enjoy culinary creations from renowned restaurants featuring special chefs.
Those with the Chase Sapphire Reserve® get all the offers above, along with the chance to bid on or attend special Reserve VIP treatment such as pre-game photo opps at sports events, behind-the-scenes entertainment experiences and VIP dining. Cardholders can redeem their rewards on the Chase Ultimate Rewards® website for the experience of their choice.
Eligible cards include:
- Chase Freedom®
- Chase Freedom Unlimited®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Chase Sapphire Reserve®
- Ink Business Cash℠ Credit Card
- Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card
- Ink Business Unlimited℠ Credit Card
Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
3X points on travel immediately after earning your $300 travel credit. 3X points on dining at restaurants & 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases.
$300 Annual Travel Credit, Airport Lounge Access, and Flexible Redemption Options
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named "Best Premium Travel Credit Card" for 2018 by MONEY® Magazine
- $300 Annual Travel Credit as reimbursement for travel purchases charged to your card each account anniversary year
- 3X points on travel immediately after earning your $300 travel credit. 3X points on dining at restaurants & 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases. $0 foreign transaction fees.
- Get 50% more value when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Access to 1,000+ airport lounges worldwide after an easy, one-time enrollment in Priority Pass™ Select
- Up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
See additional details for Chase Sapphire Reserve®
60,000 bonus points
2X points on travel and dining
1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
See additional details for Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
Citi® Private Pass®
Under this exclusive program, cardmembers have access to unique events and experiences. Cardmembers will also receive offers through the mail or through their statements. Events include concerts, theatrical performances, sporting events, festivals and family events. There’s no requirement to enroll and there are no fees to access Citi® Private Pass®. All Citi credit cards displaying the Visa®, Mastercard®, or American Express® logo and Citibank debit cards with the Mastercard® logo are eligible for the program, including:
- American Airlines AAdvantage MileUp℠ Card
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard®
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite™ Mastercard®*
- Citi® Double Cash Card – 18 month BT offer
- Citi Prestige® Credit Card*
- Citi Simplicity® Card - No Late Fees Ever
- Citi Premier℠ Card
Earn 2% cash back on purchases: 1% when you buy plus 1% as you pay.
0% for 18 months on Balance Transfers
15.49% - 25.49% (Variable)
- Earn cash back twice. Earn 2% on every purchase with unlimited 1% cash back when you buy, plus an additional 1% as you pay for those purchases.
- To earn cash back, pay at least the minimum due on time.
- Balance Transfer Offer: 0% intro APR on Balance Transfers for 18 months. After that, the variable APR will be 15.49% – 25.49%, based on your creditworthiness.
- Balance Transfers do not earn cash back.
- The standard variable APR for Citi Flex Plan is 15.49% – 25.49%, based on your creditworthiness. Citi Flex Plan offers are made available at Citi's discretion.
See additional details for Citi® Double Cash Card – 18 month BT offer
0% for 12 months on Purchases
0% for 21 months on Balance Transfers
16.24% - 26.24% (Variable)
- No Late Fees, No Penalty Rate, and No Annual Fee... Ever
- 0% Intro APR on balance transfers for 21 months from date of first transfer. All transfers must be completed in first 4 months. After that, the variable APR will be 16.24% - 26.24%, based on your creditworthiness.
- 0% Intro APR on purchases for 12 months from date of account opening. After that, the variable APR will be 16.24% - 26.24%, based on your creditworthiness.
- If you transfer a balance with this offer, after your 0% Intro purchase APR expires, both new purchases and unpaid purchase balances will automatically accrue interest until all balances, including your transferred balances, are paid in full
- The standard variable APR for Citi Flex Plan is 16.24% - 26.24%, based on your creditworthiness. Citi Flex Plan offers are made available at Citi's discretion.
- Stay protected with Citi® Quick Lock and $0 liability on unauthorized charges
See additional details for Citi Simplicity® Card - No Late Fees Ever
American Express Experiences
Select American Express cards come with Experiences, which gives you exclusive access to ticket presales and cardholder-only events. Buy tickets to Broadway shows, concert tours, and family or sporting events. You can also sign up online for email alerts to find out about upcoming events. Terms apply to American Express credit card offers. See americanexpress.com for more information.
- American Express® Gold Card
- American Express Cash Magnet® Card – $150 Welcome Offer
- Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express
- Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express
- Blue Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express
- Delta Reserve® Credit Card from American Express*
- Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express
- Hilton Honors American Express Card
- Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card
- Hilton Honors Aspire Card from American Express*
- Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express*
- Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card*
The Platinum Card® from American Express also comes with By Invitation Only, a program that offers access to customized events from sports and fashion to fine dining, art and performances.
60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.*
Up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees & more at one qualifying airline*
No foreign transaction fees & exclusive airport lounge access*
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees
See additional details for The Platinum Card® from American Express
Earn up to $150 back
Unlimited 1.5% Cash Back on your purchases
Reward Dollars can be easily redeemed for statement credits, gift cards, and merchandise
- Earn a $150 statement credit after you spend $1,000 or more in purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Unlimited 1.5% Cash Back on your purchases.
- Cash Back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be easily redeemed for statement credits, gift cards, and merchandise.
- Low intro APR: 0% for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable rate, currently 14.49% to 25.49%.
- 0% introductory plan fee for plans set up during your first 15 months of Card Membership with Plan It®, a feature that lets you split up big purchases into monthly payments with a fixed fee.
- Over 3 million more places in the U.S. started accepting American Express® Cards in 2017 and 2018.
- No Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees
See additional details for American Express Cash Magnet® Card – $150 Welcome Offer
Any credit card with Visa Signature® on the front offers benefits including discounts and special offers on travel, sporting events and entertainment, along with access to preferred seats for sporting events, concerts, shows, dining experiences and more. Visa Infinite® cardholders enjoy all of the above along with the chance to attend celebrity chefs and winemaker experiences, join the Troon Rewards® golf loyalty program and save on golf fees and merchandise.
World Mastercard® comes with the Dining Program, which gives cardholders access to restaurants, along with free amenities such as a glass of champagne or dessert or a welcome visit from the chef or a tour of the kitchen or wine cellar at select restaurants. There’s also access to Priceless Cities, which gives you access to special experiences such as dinner at The Russian Tea Room paired with a concert at Carnegie Hall.
World Elite Mastercard® offers the benefits above, but also gives cardholders exclusive access to more than 200 top nightclubs and lounges around the world along with exclusive golf offers and experiences with the PGA Tour and the use of Golf Concierge Services for golf benefits exclusive to Mastercard.
The bottom line
For those who enjoy sporting events, concerts and other entertainment excursions, having the right card in your wallet can help you score access to the most exclusive events. And if you’re carrying a luxury credit card, those experiences are upgraded you have access to the best seats and VIP treatment. Check your card and connect with its experiences website to stay in the know for future events.
*The information related to this offer has been independently collected by CompareCards and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer of this card prior to publication. Terms apply to American Express credit card offers. See americanexpress.com for more information. Some of these offers and/or promotions may have since changed, expired, or are no longer available.