*Editorial Note: This content is not provided or commissioned by the credit card issuer. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author’s alone, and may not have been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuer. This site may be compensated through a credit card issuer partnership.
This article was last updated Jun 10, 2012, but some terms and conditions may have changed or are no longer available. For the most accurate and up to date information please consult the terms and conditions found on the issuer website.
*The information related to the United MileagePlus® Club Card has been collected by CompareCards and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer of this card.
The Chase Continental Airlines Presidential Plus credit card is no longer offered to new applicants now that United and Continental have merged. They launched the new United MileagePlus® Club Card that fills the lounge access credit card hole. But a lot of current Presidential Plus credit card holders are wondering what will happen to their existing credit cards with the new United.
Good news. Chase has confirmed the benefits won’t change, and you can keep a Presidential Plus credit card with the United MileagePlus® Club Card. They’ll just send you a card that says United Presidential Plus on it later this year. You can see a list of benefits at this link for existing card holders.
Here’s the verbatim of the letter they sent to card holders…note it doesn’t mention the Avis President’s Club and Hyatt Platinum benefits, but rest assured those benefits are reiterated on Chase’s website under the new United MileagePlus® Club Card name.
United and Continental have successfully completed their merger, and now offer you the new, world-class loyalty program – United MileagePlus. Chase and United are proud to continue to provide you with unique ways to earn award mile and enjoy exclusive Cardmember benefits. All you need to do is use your Credit Card from Chase to continue earning award miles. Rest assured your miles will be credited to your MileagePlus account. As a reminder, your MileagePlus account number is your former OnePass number.
In keeping with United’s evolving brand, your Credit Card from Chase is getting a new name along with an updated design. Your Continental Airlines Presidential Plus Card will now be referred to as the United MileagePlus Presidential Plus Card on your statements and other Cardmember communications. As long as you continue to meet our credit criteria, you will receive a MileagePlus Predidential Plus Card for you and any authorized users on your account by the end of 2012. This replacementCard will have the same account number, pricing, annual fee and benefits.
In the meantime, keep using your current Card for all your purchases while enjoying the following benefits:
- Full membership to the United Club
- No foreign transaction fees
- Premier Access travel services
- Free first and second checked bags
- 2 miles per $1 spent on tickets purchased from United, as well as qualifying hotel stays and car rentals
- 1 mile per $1 spent on tickets purchaed from United, as well as qualifying hotel stays and car rentals
- 1 mile per $1 spent on all other purchases
- 1,000 Flexible Premier qualifying miles (Flex PQMs) for every $5,000 you spend with the Card
- Award seat upgrades for Premier members
- Book any seat, any time, using miles – no restrictions. If seats are available for sale, they can be redemed at the Standard Award level
- Book award seats close to your departure date without a fee
- Miles don’t expire
- Inside Access from Chase
- Guest privileges from the Luxury Hotel & Resort Collection
For complete details on all your Cardmember benefits, visit chase.com/united today, or call the number on the back of your Card.