*Editorial Note: This content is not provided or commissioned by the credit card issuer. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author’s alone, and may not have been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuer. This site may be compensated through a credit card issuer partnership.
From sign up bonuses, to travel perks, to higher credit limits, business credit card rewards are pretty great. Want a slice of those sweet rewards? Good news: business credit cards are not as exclusive as you might think.
Can you get a business credit card? Probably
Contrary to popular belief, you don’t actually need an EIN (Employer Identification Number) to get a business credit card. Sure, you might get a higher limit if you apply with your EIN, but not having one won’t prevent you from getting a card. Got a side job? Do occasional freelance work? Regularly sell stuff on Etsy? All of that qualifies. You can even apply if you’re still thinking about opening a business.
Just remember, these are business cards, intended to be used for business purchases. The rewards are great, but if you don’t qualify, they’re not worth lying on an application to get, so don’t do that.
Now onto the recommendations:
This is your card if you want big rewards fast. After you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months you’ll get 80,000 bonus points, which translates to $1,000 worth of travel rewards. If you plan on making a lot of purchases and doing a bit of travel within the next few months, this card’s a great choice.
- You can get substantial rewards, fast
- In addition to gift cards and cash back, you can use your reward points on most frequent travel programs
- Points are worth 25% more when you redeem them for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
If you’re going to travel a lot for business, this card can help you do that in comfort. It comes with complimentary access to over 1,000 airport lounges. Plus you can get a $200 airline fee credit for things like checked bags and in-flight refreshments.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com
- No foreign transaction fees
- Gogo and Boingo Internet access on six airlines and over a million hotspots
If cash back is what you’re looking for, this card will keep it coming. You’ll get a one-time $500 cash bonus once you spend $4,500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening. Even better? The 2% cash back you get on all purchases is unlimited.
- Unlimited 2% cash back
- Rewards won't expire for the life of the account, so you can redeem your cash back any time
- No category limits on your purchasing—earn cash back on everything
This card is great for those looking to be a little more strategic with their spending and rewards. You’ll earn 5% cash back on U.S. wireless telephone services and U.S. office supply stores. Then 3% from one of eight categories, like airfare, restaurants, advertising, and more.
- Earn a $200 statement credit after you spend $5,000 on qualifying purchases within the first 6 months
- Earn an additional $200 statement credit after you spend an additional $10,000 on qualifying purchases in the first year
- After $50,000 in purchases, you’ll continue to earn 1% cash back the remainder of the year