- a one-time refundable deposit of $100, plus a daily fee of $10. Travelers will pay all applicable per-minute call charges, like: $0.35 per minute for calls within Cuba, and $1.85 per minute for calls to the United States. Outgoing text messages cost $0.16 to send within Cuba and $1.00 to send abroad, and data plans are not available.
- WiFi is not widely available in Cuba at this time. However, for travelers who require an Internet connection, there are some options available.
- There are small Internet cafes located in larger cities, such as Havana and Santiago de Cuba. Internet access costs approximately $4.50 per hour. It is important to note that connection speeds vary widely and may not support voice or video calls.
- Many of the larger hotels also have either a computer or business center where travelers can purchase Internet access at an average price of $6-$10 per hour.
- U.S. travelers to Cuba are allowed to import up to $400 worth of goods acquired in Cuba for personal use. This includes no more than $100 worth of alcohol or tobacco products. Some products continue to be banned including rum, food and agricultural products, vehicles, and some textiles.