*Editorial Note: This content is not provided or commissioned by the credit card issuer. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author’s alone, and may not have been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuer. This site may be compensated through a credit card issuer partnership.
This article was last updated Oct 09, 2017, but some terms and conditions may have changed or are no longer available. For the most accurate and up to date information please consult the terms and conditions found on the issuer website.
I originally wanted to create one post on all the major credit card issuers that offer entertainment perks, but it didn’t quite turn out that way. I started to go through all American Express cards that offer these great perks and I just kept writing, and writing, and writing….so Amex gets their own post.
I’m sure you’ve seen the American Express commercial about entertainment perks offered with some of their credit cards. According to the member benefits page, all cardmembers get some form of entertainment benefits, like access to their savings center. American Express is the official card of Ticketmaster and they even have their own link. I’m guessing that partnership is a big reason why AMEX cardholders get such great perks.
AMEX Entertainment Access provides exclusive access to ticket presales and card member-only events in certain cities. Events include Broadway shows, concerts, concert tours, sporting events, and more. Some of their cardmembers also get discounts and pre-sale access. Make sure you sign up for Entertainment Access E-mails to be one of the first to know about upcoming events.
The Entertainment Access offers are limited to a select few cities; Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Florida, Houston, LA, Minneapolis/St.Paul, NYC tri-state area, northern California, Philadelphia, and Phoenix. The terms and conditions state some of the following:
- During the specified sales period, tickets are available exclusively to all American Express Card Members
- Tickets must be purchased with an American Express Card
- Offer subject to availability, not all seats are available and blackout dates apply
*Terms and restrictions apply so be sure to read the full terms and conditions of your card agreement. For additional information about presales and seating, visit the AMEX website.
The Platinum Card® from American Express
Of course, the best entertainment perks can be enjoyed by cardmembers of the "Black Card," the The Platinum Card® from American Express. With this card you can expect to get Entertainment Access as explained above and also enjoy the following:
- Platinum Card Concierge -This is your personal resource to help you find last-minute restaurant reservations or shop for exclusive and rare gifts, as an example. There is no charge for this service, but the cardmember is responsible for any shipping or purchased items or fees associated with meetings or even planning. Call 1-800-525-3355 and press 2 to reach Concierge.
- Premium Access to Popular Events – Cardholders gain special access to some of the most sought after events and experiences, like special entry to food festivals and VIP packages at concerts. Only the price of the event is covered, not including tax or gratuity, transportation, or accommodation.
- Platinum Dining Program –This program will hold a reservation for you at over 1,000 of the most acclaimed restaurants in the United States and abroad. American Express consultants can review menus, offer advice, and more. The cardmember is subject to any cancellation fees. Call 1-800-525-3355 to make a reservation.
- By Invitation Only Events –This service offers exclusive access to once-in-a-lifetime experiences related to performing arts, fine dining, sports, and more. These are generally events that are not available to the general public. Only the price of the event is covered, not including tax or gratuity, transportation, or accommodation. For information or reservations you may call 1-800-321-RSVP(7787) from 8am – 11pm EST.
- Preferred Seating Program –This one is pretty self-explanatory; cardholders get access to choice seats for sports, entertainment, and live concert events at leading venues. Call 1-800-525-3355 to reserve your tickets.
- Event Ticket Protection Plan –This provides an additional layer of protection by insuring the expense of a ticket, but only those charged to the cardholders account. You must not use the ticket due to a Covered Incident. The maximum coverage limit is $2,000 per Occurrence Platinum. Read the full protection plan terms or click here to view other AMEX cards that offer this plan.
*Terms and restrictions apply to all of the above.
Visit AMEX website for more information on all the Platinum benefits.
*Editorial Note: This content is not provided by American Express. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express
*The content in this article is accurate at the publishing date, and may be subject to changes per the card issuer.