Ever since 2010, federal regulators at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) have been taking a hard look at prepaid cards to make sure that they do not overcharge consumers and engage in sneaky tactics that lack transparency. You may recall many issuers of prepaid cards coming under harsh criticism in...
Prepaid debit cards are perfect for those who are new to using plastic and for those who want some added protection on their purchases. Prepaid cards allow card holders to get used to the idea of how building credit would work with an unsecured or secured credit card, while also...
Prepaid debit cards and secured credit cards are great payment options for people with poor credit. Nearly 8.2% of Americans are "unbanked" (2011 FDIC survey), meaning that they choose to store their money outside of traditional financial institutions. If you are a part of this group, you may be in...
Having Trouble Choosing a Credit Card?
Sign up to receive a copy of our free ebook, The Ultimate Guide to Credit Cards. It will help you pick the perfect card!
Compare Top Credit Cards
Compare and Shop Credit Cards
- Discover it® Miles
- Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card
- Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Bank of America® Travel Rewards Credit Card
- Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card
- Bank of America® Cash Rewards Credit Card
- Discover it® - 18 Month Balance Transfer Offer
- Wells Fargo Platinum Visa® Card
- Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card – 21 Month Intro Offer on BT and Purchases
- Freedom vs Unlimited