If you’re struggling with credit debt and looking for a way out, you might have considered a balance transfer. But what exactly is a balance transfer and how does it work? A balance transfer is when you take existing debt from one or more credit cards and transfer it to another...
A secured card is a credit card that requires a security deposit, typically a few hundred dollars. The security deposit acts as collateral and becomes your line of credit. Therefore, if you want a $500 credit limit, you will have to deposit $500 into your account. Secured cards are a...
Ever since 2010, federal regulators at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) have been taking a hard look at prepaid cards to make sure that they do not overcharge consumers and engage in sneaky tactics that lack transparency. You may recall many issuers of prepaid cards coming under harsh criticism in...
Prepaid debit cards are perfect for those who are new to using plastic and for those who want some added protection on their purchases. Prepaid cards allow card holders to get used to the idea of how building credit would work with an unsecured or secured credit card, while also...
Prepaid debit cards and secured credit cards are great payment options for people with poor credit. Nearly 8.2% of Americans are "unbanked" (2011 FDIC survey), meaning that they choose to store their money outside of traditional financial institutions. If you are a part of this group, you may be in...
Compare Top Credit Cards
- Best Credit Cards 2017
- Balance Transfer Credit Cards
- Low Interest Credit Cards
- Rewards Credit Cards
- Cash Back Credit Cards
- Student Credit Cards
- Gas Credit Cards
- No Annual Fee Credit Cards
- Airline Credit Cards
- Business Credit Cards
- No Foreign Fees
- EMV Chip Credit Cards
- Prepaid Credit Cards
- Best No Fee Balance Transfer Credit Cards
Compare and Shop Credit Cards
- Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card
- Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card
- Discover it® - 18 Month Balance Transfer Offer
- Discover it® Miles
- Bank of America® Cash Rewards Credit Card
- Bank of America® Travel Rewards Credit Card
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Capital One® Quicksilver® Cash Rewards Credit Card
- Wells Fargo Platinum Visa® Card
- Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card – 21 Month Intro Offer on BT and Purchases
- Freedom vs Unlimited