Ever since 2010, federal regulators at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) have been taking a hard look at prepaid cards to make sure that they do not overcharge consumers and engage in sneaky tactics that lack transparency. You may recall many issuers of prepaid cards coming under harsh criticism in...
Prepaid debit cards are perfect for those who are new to using plastic and for those who want some added protection on their purchases. Prepaid cards allow card holders to get used to the idea of how building credit would work with an unsecured or secured credit card, while also...
Prepaid debit cards and secured credit cards are great payment options for people with poor credit. Nearly 8.2% of Americans are "unbanked" (2011 FDIC survey), meaning that they choose to store their money outside of traditional financial institutions. If you are a part of this group, you may be in...
Having Trouble Choosing a Credit Card?
Sign up to receive a copy of our free ebook, The Ultimate Guide to Credit Cards. It will help you pick the perfect card!
Compare Top Credit Cards
Compare and Shop Credit Cards
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- BankAmericard Travel Rewards® Credit Card
- Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card
- Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express
- BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ Credit Card
- Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card
- Chase Freedom Unlimited℠
- Barclaycard Arrival Plus™ World Elite MasterCard®
- Discover it® Miles
- Discover it® - 18 Month Balance Transfer Offer
- Freedom vs Unlimited