Ever since 2010, federal regulators at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) have been taking a hard look at prepaid cards to make sure that they do not overcharge consumers and engage in sneaky tactics that lack transparency. You may recall many issuers of prepaid cards coming under harsh criticism in...
Have you ever seen a platypus? It is a small furry brown creature that looks like an odd hybrid between duck and a beaver, and it even lays eggs. Although unusual and somewhat rare, it is ideally suited for the wetland environment of eastern Australia. Secured credit cards are also rare and unusual things that are very...
Prepaid debit cards are perfect for those who are new to using plastic and for those who want some added protection on their purchases. Prepaid cards allow card holders to get used to the idea of how building credit would work with an unsecured or secured credit card, while also...
Prepaid debit cards and secured credit cards are great payment options for people with poor credit. Nearly 8.2% of Americans are "unbanked" (2011 FDIC survey), meaning that they choose to store their money outside of traditional financial institutions. If you are a part of this group, you may be in...
Having Trouble Choosing a Credit Card?
Sign up to receive a copy of our free ebook, The Ultimate Guide to Credit Cards. It will help you pick the perfect card!
Compare Top Credit Cards
Compare and Shop Credit Cards
- BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ Credit Card
- Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Credit Card
- Chase Freedom Unlimited℠
- Citi® Double Cash Card – 18 month BT offer
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express
- Fidelity® Rewards Visa Signature® Card
- BuyPower Card from Capital One® -Get The Card That Helps You Get The Car
- Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card
- Discover it® Miles - Unlimited 1.5x Rewards Card
- Freedom vs Unlimited