*Editorial Note: This content is not provided or commissioned by the credit card issuer. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author’s alone, and may not have been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuer. This site may be compensated through a credit card issuer partnership.
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on product links. For more information, please see our Advertiser Disclosure
*This card has since been changed or expired per the card issuer.
There are a number of credit card deals starting up today and we're going to be publishing as many as we can before Black Friday is over! The first comes from Citi and the Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Visa Signature Card and offers 20,000 more bonus miles than is usually given out.
For a limited time (specifically until 12.13.2012) 50,000 bonus miles are provided to new cardholders. Bonus miles are obtained when meeting the following spend criteria:
- 40,000 bonus miles are given after spending $2,000 in the first three months of card ownership.
- 10,000 bonus miles are given after spending $10,000 in the first twelve months of card ownership.
- 1st checked bag on all American (and their partners) flights for free.
- Two AAdvantage Miles for every dollar spent on American Airlines purchases / one AAdvantage mile for every dollar spent on all other purchases.
- 25% discount on all in flight food and beverage purchases when using your Citi card.
- $100 flight discount certificate each year you spend $30,000 or more (difficult for regular spenders).
- Priority boarding with Group 1 privileges so you'll never worry about overhead compartment space.
The only hiccup this credit card has is a pesky $95 annual fee, but that is waived for first 12 months of card ownership. 50,000 bonus miles is the best promotion Citi has ever run on the Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® Visa Signature® Card and if you're a frequent flyer of Ameircan Airlines, the savings each year could be in the thousands.
*Editorial Note: This content is not provided by Citibank. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by Citibank.
*The content in this article is accurate at the publishing date, and may be subject to changes per the card issuer.